Happy Thanksgiving!! As we all devour a delicious meal that took the entire day to prepare, I think it’s important to remind ourselves, and each other, of what we are thankful for. Here are my top five:
1. My family. No matter how cliché this sounds, I couldn’t have asked for a group of people more understanding, forgiving, strong and loving than the people who surround me every day.
2. My friends. Over the past year or so, I’ve learned a lot about the power of friendship and how much a good friend really means. If I don’t say it enough, I’m truly thankful for each and every one of my amazing friends.
3. Music. A huge part of me is playing and listening to music. I’ve been a pianst since I was six years old and a dancer since four. Performing is one of the few things that let me be free and who I am. I’m also thankful for the comfort of knowing that there will be a perfect song for every single one of my moods.
4. Writing. As I’ve said before, writing is something that will always be a part of me. I’m thankful for finding something I’m very passionate about and being able to grow and become better as often as I can.
5. The life I have. Four years ago, my life could have ended. I’m thankful for the second chance that I got, and for the speed and smoothness of my recovery.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and don’t forget to think about what YOU are thankful for.